Overview: If you recorded some 4K MXF videos with your new Canon C300 Mark II 4K camcorder, you may prefer to edit them on FCP before sharing with friends or uploading to YouTube. Then the question arises. Will editing programs like Final Cut Pro support 4K MXF videos on the latest Mac OS X El Capitan or previous? The answer is here, keep read!
Hot search: 4K MXF to Avid | 4K MXF to iMovie | 4K MXF to Premiere Pro CC | 4K MXF to PowerDirector | 4K MXF to FCP 6/7 | 4K MXF to Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4 | 4K MXF to After Effects CC | 4K MXF to Premiere Elements | 4K MXF to WMM | 4K MXF to VLC, WMP, Playback Pro | 4K MXF to YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook
Canon C300 Mark II is a very hot camcorder on the market now. A lot of users choose to buy this excellent camcorder. It is a new camcorder with 4K internal video recording, which is aimed at beginners and semi – professionals who would want to upgrade to shoot 4K video without spending the big bucks for it. While as we often mentioned, as the incompatible one, MXF cannot be one of the best supported video formats for FCP X.
Though Canon C300 Mark II camcorder can help you to record high quality 4K MXF footages, but usually it can make video editing a real nightmare. “I’ve got a ton of Canon C300 Mark II 4K footage that I’m trying to import the C300 Mark II 4K MXF files to FCP X for further editing. Since the files come out natively as MXF, FCP X couldn’t recognize these 4K MXF video files at all, let alone do the polishing work. What should I do?”
To ensure a smooth workflow, you need to know if FCP X can ingest any video in .mxf format. Searching high and low, I got a solid answer and want to share the tips and tricks for editing 4K MXF in FCP X with all of you. As an ideal video editing tool, FCP X is widely used by video professionals and hobbyists. However, if you want to import Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to FCP X for editing, you’ll be disappointed since FCP X accepts Apple ProRes 422, DV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, AVCHD and QuickTime. So we can easily find that Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF is not a compatible format for FCP X.
In this case, what’s the best solution to import and edit C300 Mark II 4K MXF files with FCP X? Absolutely, it’s to convert 4K MXF to ProRes, native supported video format for FCP X as mentioned above. The process is surprisingly easy and can be done with the help of Pavtube iMixMXF. With this program, you can effortlessly encode/re-encode Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF footage for smoothly importing and editing in various NLEs on Mac OS X El Capitan or previous.
Now, download and install the program from the website or click the free trial icon:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/imixmxf-mac/
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Studio-iMixMXF-Download/dp/B00QI7MY4Y
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMixMXF/3000-2194_4-76171460.html
How to convert Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan or previous?
Step 1: Launch the best MXF to FCP X Converter on your latest Mac OS X El Capitan or previous and load your original 4K MXF files in with “Add video” or “Add from folder”. Directly drag 4K MXF files in is available.
Step 2: Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get “Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)”.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: Click the “Convert” button on the main interface if you have done all the preparation work. This is the workflow that we need to convert 4K MXF to ProRes.
Conclusion: OK, everything is ready, you can get the generated files by clicking “Open” button and instantly edit Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF files in FCP X.
- FCP Won’t Open Bandicam Recorded AVI/WMV Videos
- Best Video Editing Software in 2015
- Edit Samsung NX1 H.265/HEVC Video on FCP X on Mac
- Why Avid DNxHD MXF Not Loaded to FCP X?
- Edit GoPro 4K Video on a MacBook Pro Retina
- Import Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD to Sony Vegas Pro 13/12
- Import Tivo/MKV/MTS/MPG/MXF/MP4 to FCP X on Mac
- Get GoPro Hero 4K Videos Work Well with Pinnacle Studio
- Edit GoPro Hero 4K Footage in Sony Vegas Pro
- Putting H.264 MP4 Footage into Final Cut Pro
- Convert Canon 70D MOV to ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ/Proxy for FCP editing
- Quick way to convert JVC GY-HM650 MXF to Prores LT for FCP 6/7
- Import Canon C500 (PL) 4K MXF Recordings to FCP X
- Import Sony AX1 4K XAVC S to FCE 4 with AIC mov format
- Fix Choppy Issues When Importing AVCHD Files to FCP
- How to Edit AVI Files on Mac?