“First time user of FCP. I have downloaded some MXF files from the P2 Card, recorded using a Sony PMW-350K Camera. How can I make it to an appropriate MOV file and imported successfully into Final Cut Pro X?”
The PMW-350 is a high-end professional XDCAM EX solid sate camcorder, with high level of mobility and comfort in various shooting situations. It originates these qualities from the XDCAM HD 422 camcorders, which are extremely well received by broadcasters. It’s true that Sony PMW-350K provides great videos quality to capture your shinning moments, but the problem is how we get Sony XDCAM MXF work with FCP X on Mac without rendering for further editing?
As we know, Apple does make the latest FCP X support some common cameras for loading videos directly; but obviously this high-end PMW-350 is not included–only Sony F55 is supported by Final Cut Pro X directly. This means you have to transcode Sony PMW-350K MXF to FCP X preferred format to get it working well with your wonderful footages.
In order to trancode Sony PMW-350K MXF files into best format for FCPX on Mac, you may like to give a shot to this powerful Mac MXF to FCP X Converter. With intuitive interface, you can easily and fast convert your MXF footages to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP X on mac with the help of this professional MXF to ProRes Converter. And the latest Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 is supported; just feel free to try it!
How to convert Sony PMW-350K MXF footage to ProRes for FCP on mac
Step 1. Connect your Sony PMW-350K camera to Mac with USB cable or use card reader to transfer the MXF files to Apple hard drive disk.
Step 2. Run this Sony XDCAM MXF to FCP X Converter, and click the “Add video” button to load individuals mxf videos; or click “Add from folder” to load the entire folder.
Step 3. Choose editing program compatible format.
Click the “Profile” option, you will find various video formats sorted by different programs/devices. To get high video quality, Pls choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 HQ.
Step 4. Now click the big red Converter and wait for a while to get the fresh hot converted video. Click Browse to locate them directly.
Click here to learn how to import MXF videos into FCP X.
1. This Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac could also convert Sony MXF footages to various formats for nonlinear editing programs such as iMovie/FCE, Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc.
2. Get more step-by-step guide of how to work with Sony footages, MXF videos on Mac and FCP.
- MXF & FCP X Workflow: Help Importing MXF into FCP X
- Video Solution: Edit XDCAM MXF in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Import Panasonic HVX2000A MXF Files to Avid MC for Editing
- Import Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to iMovie on Mac
- Convert Panasonic AJ-HPX2700 P2 MXF to Avid/Premiere/Sony Vegas Pro
- How to Convert Camcorders MXF to any formats on Mac (macOS 10.12 Sierra included)
- How to Convert and Compress 4K MXF for Windows Movie Maker Editing?
- Can LG Ultra HD 4K TV say yes to 4K .MXF shootings?