Summary: This guide provides a solution to transcode P2 MXF to FCP with 4 audio tracks or selected audio tracks you want to preserve.
MXF in an OP-Atom mode is part of the ensemble of specifications associated with the Digital Cinema Initiative. Panasonic P2 digital video cameras can output MXF OP-Atom files with DVC Pro encodings. The P2 MXF files stores video and audio in seprate folder on a P2 card.
“We’re recording P2 natively so we have 4 audio tracks, and we’d like to keep those intact – with the conversion being MXF to Apple ProRes 422 HQ.”
Currently, there are no MXF Exporter can directly export multiple tracks as individual channels in a MXF-file. If you want to convert and export P2 MXF with 4 audio to FCP native Apple ProRes, Pavtube iMixMXF (Review) is the most efficient solution. You can easily preserve and get separate audio streams when converting P2 MXF to ProRes 422 and ProRes 4444.
Meanwhile, this P2 MXF to FCP Converter is good at reading MXF Video and Audio from P2 card. Only if you keep the whole file structure, the program can automatically load audio counterparts when you load MXF file. The finish video will be with audio and video in sync. No matter the P2 high definition MXF recorded with 2, 4, 8 or more audio tracks, the output ProRes won’t loose audio tracks.
Below is a simple tutorial to help you export from P2 HD MXF to MOV with 4 audio tracks for FCP X. If you don’t care about the audio tracks, you can turn to the more affodable multi-track MXF Converter for Mac.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/imixmxf-mac/
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Studio-iMixMXF-Download/dp/B00QI7MY4Y
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMixMXF/3000-2194_4-76171460.html
Step 1. Import MXF files
Click “add video” or “add folder” to load Op1a MXF. You can also directly drag files to the program. The program supports batch conversion and allows you capture images.
Step 2. Choose the output format
Click the “format” and choose the “Multi-track Video -> Multi-track Apple ProPres 422 HQ(*.mov)” files as the output format.
Step 3. Set multi-task settings
Click “settings” to preserve separate 4 audio tracks in original MXF. If you don’t want to keep all audio tracks, you can uncheck undesired ones. And you also can mix multi-audio tracks into individual track.
Step 4. Convert MXF files into multiple track MOV
Click “Start Conversion” icon to convert P2 card MXFto MOV with 4 audio tracks for Final Cut Pro X. You can preview output file when conversion completed. Then click “Open” button to locate the ProRes mov videos. Now you can import the converted MXF to FCP X for editing without rendering.
You can also click to watch the video tutorial below: https://youtu.be/F4BRHFKzkPE
Never miss to get Saving up to $44.1, MXF/MTS/M2TS/MKV/FLV/MOV Converter.etc at Pavtube Bundles Deals!
- Best Windows Multi-track MXF Converter Review
- Transcode Panasonic P2 card MXF file on Mac OS X
- Convert Panasonic P2 MXF to iMovie AIC MOV
- Save more than one audio track from Canon C300 MXF to H.264 MP4
- Work Avid DNxHD MXF Recordings with Premiere Pro CC
- Free or Paid MXF Converter for Working with C300 MXF Files on Mac
- Any Fixer to Make MXF Work with Final Cut Pro?
- Import Canon XC10 MXF to Avid Media Composer
- Preserve Multiple Audio Tracks FROM Canon XF200/XF205 MXF for FCP X?
- Play Canon C300 MXF with VLC on Yosemite/Windows 10
- Convert MXF to MPEG-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4 on Mac/PC
- Play MXF video on QuickTime
- How to Move a Premiere Pro CC Project to FCP X?
- Move AVCHD Files from a Memory Card or Hard Drive to FCP X
- Natively Move Files From QuickTime to Avid Media Composer