Hey, how is your summer going, buddy? Did you enjoy lots wonderful moments and have you taken a camcorder to capture them? Did you encounter any program when try to edit these videos on Mac?
It seems that Sony Handycam CX200 has become a popular choice for entry-level users for its good video quality and capacity of shooting 1920×1080 Full HD 60p footages in MTS.
To edit MTS/M2TS footage from Sony Handycam HDR-CX220 camcorder, You might have thought of Final Cut Pro. Yes, it is an ideal app to edit videos. So, you can import MTS files from Sony CX220 to Final Cut Pro firstly. This is a tutorial which tells you how to import HD camcorder videos to FCP for editing on Mac OS X like Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard.
When your camcorder video is compatible with Final Cut Pro
1. Connect HD camcorder to your Mac, and it shows up as a drive on the desktop
2. Hit Cmd-Shift-8 to open the Log and Transfer window (FCP 6 or above)
3. The clips in HD camcorder will be ready for being imported to FCP for editing
When your camcorder videos are not recognizable by Final Cut Pro
If the MTS/M2TS files grey out when you try to import them to FCP, you need to convert MTS format to FCP friendly formats. Of course, to do the MTS video conversion, you need a professional app. Here the professional MTS to FCP Video Converter for Mac ( Win ) is strongly recommended. With it, just in a few clicks you could successfully edit Sony CX220 MTS videos in FCP.
- Read more: FCP FAQs
Note: Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac Supports MTS/M2TS files from a variety of HD camcorders like:
- Sony: HDR-AX2000, HDR-PJ260V, HDR-PJ380, HDR-CX230, HDR-CX230, HDR-CX430V, HDR-XR520V, HDR-CX730, HDR-PJ780/790V, HDR-PJ650V, DSC-WX80, HDR-PJ580V, SLT-A99, FS700U, NEX-VG30, HDR-CX700V, SLT-A65, NEX-5N, etc.
- Panasonic: Lumix DMC-LX7, DMC-G5, DMC-FZ200, DMC-FX700, DMC-GF6, DMC-G6, DMC-GF3/GF2, DMC-GH1, HC-V720K, HC-X900M, HC-X800, HC-V707, HC-X920M, HDC-HS900, HDC-TM900, HDC-SDT750, HDC-TM90, HDC-HS80, HDC-TM700, DMC-GH2, etc.
- Canon: VIXIA XA20, XA25, HF G30, HF G20, HF S100, HF R40/R42/R400, HF R306, HF R21, HF M300, HF M500, Vixia HF200, HF S200, HF S21, EOS C100 etc.
- JVC: GZ-HD10, GZ-HD30/GZ-HD40, GZ-HD320, GZ-HD300, GZ-HM200, GZ-X900, GZ-HM300, GZ-HM400, GZ-HD620, GZ-HM1, GZ-HM30, etc.
The best way we tested to import MTS to FCP natively without log and transfer is to convert MTS to Apple ProRes codec, which is native codec for FCP, once you converted MTS to Apple ProRes, you can import MTS to FCP X without any problems, and you don’t need to render, you can edit the video natively in FCP on Mac.
Follow this guide, you will be able to accomplish this easily and efficiently.
First, let’s get this Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac installed; and connect your camera to Mac. Click the top left two icons to import the M2TS/MTS files you want to add:
(If you want to merge several mts video clips into one video, just check “Merge into one file”.)
Secondly, Click “Format” and choose “Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 MOV” as the preferred video codec for Final Cut Pro 6/7 on Mac.
Here you can click the pencil-like icon on the top to trim, crop, add 3D effect, add subtitles or edit audio before conversion.
Or click “Settings” on the bottom to customize output video sample rate, size, bitrate, frame rate and so on.
Now just click the big red “Convert” to start converting Sony CX220 1080/60p MTS to ProRes 422 for FCP. This program supports batch conversion and will let you choose to “shut down computer after conversion” automatically.
Good news! Pavtube Bundles Deals are coming! It’s a time for taking a break from work and relaxing. And now you can enjoy your colorful time with good featured products at “Pavtube Bundles Deals“. Go ahead and click the link to get your coupon. Save up to $44.1! Never miss!!!
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + MXF Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + MKV Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + FLV/F4V Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- iMixMXF($45) + HD Video Converter for Mac($35) = Only $54.9 …..